The RN Patient Intake Center is responsible for initial screening of all patients which physicians are requesting hospitalization for medical necessity of admission and appropriateness of status. Intervenes with physician, patient care team and patient to ensure appropriate placement and level of care occurs.Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Ability to think critically preferred.
- Problem solving skills in complex situations required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an acute care setting. One year case management experience preferred. Experience with at least 2 years of experience in the key areas of responsibility.
- Experience with data analysis strongly preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Texas RN License.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, ccu, hospice, intensive, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychiatric