Certified Medication Aide Description
Administers oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical / vocational nurse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Prepares and administers medications to residents following established procedures.
* Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
* Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with appropriate licensed practitioner. Notifies supervisor when making the decision not to administer.
* Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
* Orders and re-orders medications and returns all discharge medications for credit in compliance with federal and state regulations.
* Maintains neat, clean, and orderly medication room and cart. Takes appropriate precautions to make sure residents / patient do not have access to medications other than those prescribed.
* Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Certified Medication Aide Requirements
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or experience as required by state regulations.
* Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.
About this Organization
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, services are provided through skilled nursing facilities in 21 states. The commitment is to provide compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. Our affiliated entities focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of the residents. The aim is to care for every resident the way we would care for our family members. We strive to provide residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of \"caring and curing\". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: certified home health aide, chha, delivery room, labor, midwife, nurse, patient care technician, pct, stp, wh4