The Clinical Lab Assistant II performs technical and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
* Assists with receiving, identifying, accessioning, processing and transporting specimens.
* Maintains equipment and adequate stock of supplies.
* Maintains work area in a safe, aseptic and organized manner.
* Performs clerical duties which may include but are not limited to answering phones, data entry, and filing.
* Performs analysis of patient samples under the leadership of designated staff as assigned. Performs special procedures such as difficult venipunctures, Micro plate set ups, preparation of reference lab samples, etc.
* Performs and coordinates clerical tasks around outpatient paperwork filing and billing needs. Documents QA around accuracy of outpatient orders.
* Coordinates activities related to duties and responsibilities of other Clinical Lab Assistants. Communicates problems and needs to the supervisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May be required to be \"on-call.\"
* Preferred Credential(s):
* American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) phlebotomy certification (PBT) is preferred.
Education & Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences field is preferred
* Two (2) years laboratory experience is required.
* Preferred degree can substitute for the required experience.
Associated topics: clinical, clinical development, clinical informatics, clinical trial, coordinator, lab, laboratory, research, research coordinator